Home Owner Services


Building & Demolition Permits

Whether you are building or renovating your own home or cottage, or working with a contractor, Black Point Construction Services can help you manage the building or demolition permit process.  


Minor Variances and Zone Amendments

 Planning a build or renovation and find out you need a minor variance or zone amendment? Don't shy from these projects. Black Point Construction Services will help navigate the planning and paperwork. We even do the public meeting presentation on your behalf.  


Retroactive Building Permits

Didn't know you required permits for your build or renovation? Has your local building department sent you a letter requiring you to submit drawings and site plans for review? We work with you and your local municipality to help ensure that your construction project is up to code, and that all planning and permits are taken care of. 


Conservation Authority & Trent Severn Permits

Plan on doing any work to stabilise a shoreline or build a new dock? Maybe build or renovate a boathouse? You may need a conservation authority or Trent Severn In-Water and Shoreline Work Permit.  

Black Point Construction Services can manage the process for you.  


Ministry of Natural Resources Work Permits

In some cases, you may need to apply for a MNR work permit, instead of a Trent Severn permit to build or renovate a boathouse or do other near water work.  Black Point Construction Services can help with both Part 1 and Part 3 permit applications.   


Existing Sewage System Application

 Privately owned sewage disposal systems such as privies, and septic tank systems and holding tanks must be installed and maintained in accordance with the Ontario Building Code. Permits and inspections are required for installations of sewage systems and alterations to buildings or sewage systems under the code.  

Whether you are in the County of Peterborough, or the Township of North Kawartha, we can help you navigate any Existing Sewage System Application.